A luxury 5 star hotel in Dublin city centre overlooking St. Stephen's Green...
Eight of us traveled in Ireland making the Shelbourne our base staying there 4 days not consecutive. The hotel rooms are... More >> John (ny), Apr 29, 2012
A national treasure built in 1824, The Shelbourne Hotel has been magnificently restored while keeping its historic charm. The Shelbourne is a luxury 5 star hotel in Dublin city centre overlooking St. Stephen's Green, Europe's grandest garden square. Ideally situated close to Dublin's cultural and historic buildings, The Shelbourne offers a great location, from where you can visit the majestic St. Patrick's Cathedral and Trinity College. Explore shops on Grafton Street or visit the Guinness Storehouse. The Shelbourne offers spacious accommodations with luxurious Egyptian cotton bedding, flat- screen TV, laptop-size safe, and marble bathroom. Enjoy a cocktail or Ireland's own Guinness at renowned Horseshoe Bar. Celebrate life at Oyster Bar or a prime- cut steak at The Saddle Room Restaurant. When planning a wedding or business affair, you'll find perfection at The Shelbourne Hotel - with 13 banqueting and meeting suites, event planning and on-site catering.
Shelbourne Hotel is located in the heart of Dublin, only minutes from Dublin’s social and cultural spots, whilst near to championship golf courses, mountains and Dublin Bay.
Short walk to Trinity College, home of The Book of Kells, a famous 9th-century gospel manuscript
Moments away from Grafton Street Shopping - Dublin's most popular and upmarket shopping street.
Temple Bar - Dublin’s Cultural Quarter.
* Named after The Shelbourne´s historic dining rooms, The Saddle Room offers a relaxed atmosphere and a modern menu specializing in Steak, Oysters and Seafood. New seasonal menu coming soon.
* No. 27 Bar & Lounge International No. 27 Bar & Lounge is the place to see and the place to be seen in Dublin. Always buzzing, serving creative cocktails and a wide range of food perfect for sharing, No. 27 sparkles with style and sophisticated fun.
* Lord Mayor's Lounge Comfort and style combine in The Lord Mayor's Lounge. This is the place to sample our indulgent Afternoon Tea, to spot famous faces and savour life's great pleasures.
* The Horseshoe Bar Other As distinctive as it is revered in Dublin culture, The Horseshoe Bar has seen it all down through the years. With its rich red walls, original artefacts and fascinating memorabilia, it is firmly established as one of Dublin's finest bars.
Since 1900 the hotel have been bringing the very best in male grooming services to the heart of Dublin.
* Dublin City Centre hotel features elegant marble bathroom, fluffy bathrobe & slippers * LCD flat-screen TV, multiline telephone, high-speed Internet, CD player and alarm clock * Dublin hotel with luxury bedding, individual climate control and laptop-size safe * Luxury amenities, shoeshine and 24 hr concierge * Fully accessible guestrooms available on request. Barbershop services available to accessible rooms. * Exclusive Genealogy Butler services for guests who wish to trace their Irish ancestry.
24 Hour Check-In
Elevator / Lift
Cable / Satellite Television
Hi-Fi / Stereo
Sofa / Lounge
While we strive to present hotel information as accurately as possible, otel.com is not responsible for the accuracy of this information or for any facilities that may or may not be available at the The Shelbourne Dublin, A Renaissance Hotel.
TRAVELLERS RATINGS & REVIEWS
TripAdvisor Ratings & Reviews for The Shelbourne Dublin, A Renaissance Hotel
Write your review for The Shelbourne Dublin, A Renaissance Hotel
USER COMMENTS 1-4 of 4
Review Date:Aug 5, 2012
We are very satisfied with teh hotel
Review Date:Apr 29, 2012
Great Hotel in Central Dublin
Eight of us traveled in Ireland making the Shelbourne our base staying there 4 days not consecutive. The hotel rooms are large, comfortable and clean with modern baths, The Irish breakfast was more than adequate with all you would want to eat. The bars and restaurant are great and well appointed. All four couple rate this as one of the best. It is also centrally located across from St Stephens Green and a few blocks from Trinity College. Your stay there will not be a disappointment.
Review Date:Dec 8, 2011
"upgraded" from queen to 2 doubles
1 chair. View lousy
$500 plus for night and no complimentary access to web
service nil at breakfast.Items on menu not offered. Only option was buffet. Nothing special.
Will NOT be back.
A grand old hotel seen better times
Review Date:Sep 26, 2011
Very poor experience
Was guest 9-14 thru 9-18,2011. Has turned into a hotel for Tours. Lobby piled high with luggage, tour buses out front, breakfast with about 80 others most with backpacks, poor room service. They need more help to care for these tours. Average room looking worm. Not a 5 Star property. Exellent concierge; Denis T.C. O'brien and location otherwise not for me.
Dublin International Airport - DUB 9 km Irish Puplic Transport (2 km N) Irish Rail (2 km NE)
Maps are provided for information purposes only. While otel.com strives to present hotel and map information as accurately as possible, we do not accept any responsibility for the accuracy of this information or for any errors and/or omissions. We suggest that you contact the hotel directly to obtain the most current and complete location information and directions.