Via Vittorio Veneto 125 00187 Rome
Fully renovated in 2002 The Westin Excelsior Hotel Rome, this regal 1906 building stands on fashionable Via Veneto. The spacious lobby leads to a vast lounge, with marble floors, stucco ceilings, crystal chandeliers, and early 19th-century Empire-style furniture of gilded wood, upholstered with red-and-cream fabrics. Guests include the rich and famous, corporate and government leaders, and sophisticated, well-traveled couples. Villa Borghese, a Renaissance villa with extensive parkland and gardens, is a five-minute walk from the hotel. It's a lovely place for strolling, jogging, bicycling, and horse riding. The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply. The elegant and traditional exterior makes the hotel a landmark on the Via Veneto. The hotel has a magnificent and spacious lobby, decorated and furnished to the highest standards. The public areas are all very impressive, with many leafy plants and offers a luxurious atmosphere. The Westin Excelsior Hotel Rome offers a desirable location less than a 10-minute walk from upscale shopping, sidewalk cafes, and attractions such as the Spanish Steps and Villa Borghese.
The health club features a Roman-style indoor pool, plus spa tub, sauna, steam room, massage services, aromatherapy, and beauty treatments. The hotel's Restaurant Doney overlooks Via Veneto, while the historic Doney Bar has an outdoor terrace, perfect for people-watching. The Westin Excelsior Hotel Rome has earned a coveted place on the Condé Nast Traveler 2004 Gold List of the World's Best Places to Stay and on Travel Leisure's 2004 list of the 500 Greatest Hotels in the World. The hotel combines the gilded glamour of early-20th-century Europe with up-to-date luxuries and conveniences.
The health club features a sapphire-blue pool ringed by potted palms and white-linen chairs. The business center has two computers with dial-up Internet access. The seven meeting spaces include the Winter Garden, with a capacity of 500. The hotel's health club and spa features a sapphire-blue indoor pool, along with a sauna, spa tub, steam bath, fitness equipment, massage services, and beauty treatments.
The Westin Excelsior Hotel Rome is located at the famous Via Venetto in the heart of Rome. The hotel was built in the grand tradition of Italian hotels at the turn of the century. This is one of the most famous hotels in Italy. The hotel is ideally placed for easy access to all the major tourist attractions and shopping areas.
* Restaurant Doney:
A gleaming gray-marble floor, maroon-and-pink striped curtains, and red-leather chairs set the scene in this surprisingly informal restaurant, which overlooks Via Veneto and offers sidewalk dining in summer. The Mediterranean menu changes regularly to feature regional and seasonal dishes such as Fresh Pasta with Octopus and Sea Truffles. Open for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and Sunday brunch.
* Doney Bar:
This historic cafe, formerly known as the Gran Caffe Doney, has a large terrace with outside tables on Via Veneto. Remodeled in 2003, the room has a stylish, contemporary look. Coffee, snacks, and cocktails are served all day.
* Excelsior Bar:
Nineteenth-century antiques decorate this refined, intimate piano bar. It is open for late breakfast, coffee, snacks, and cocktails, with live music in the evening.
* The health club features a sapphire-blue pool ringed by potted palms and white-linen chairs. The business center has two computers with dial-up Internet access.
* Wireless Internet access is available in all rooms and public areas. Seven meeting spaces include the Winter Garden (accommodates 500).
* This hotel has 316 handsomely appointed guestrooms, fully renovated in 2002. Many have balconies overlooking Via Veneto. Early 19th-century Empire decor predominates, with ornate white-and-gold ceilings, crystal chandeliers, hand-decorated walls, and a maroon-and-fawn-palette. Rooms feature new Westin Heavenly Beds: custom-designed, foot-thick pillowtop mattress with all-white bedding, triple sheeting, down blanket, comforter and duvet, and five pillows (two goose down/feather, two hypo-allergenic, and a decorative neck roll pillow). Marble bathrooms include dual sinks, telephones, bathrobes, and slippers.
|Bus Station||Via Veneto Bus Station||0.5 km|
|Train/Tube Station||Stazione Termini Train Station||1 km|
|Airport||Fiumicino Airport||35 km|
|Place of Interest||Fontana Di Trevi||1 km|
|Shopping Area||Piazza Di Spagna Shopping Area||1 km|
This hotel is not rated yet by any otel.com user. Be the first to rate and write a review.
USER COMMENTS 1-0 of 0
* Fiumicino Airport - 35 km
* Via Veneto Bus Station - 0.5 km
* Stazione Termini Train Station - 1 km
* Barberini Tub Station - 0.2 km
* Fontana Di Trevi - 1 km
* Piazza Di Spagna Shopping Area - 1 km